We are in a world where we need to commute day in and day out. Car is one of the most popular ways of transportation in day to day life. If you do not know how to learn driving a car it’s like you are lacking one of the most important human skills. We will guide you, how you can learn to drive a car most effectively.
Learn the Basics before learning to drive a Car
- Adjust the seat so that your feet comfortably reach both pedals
- You need to adjust the mirror so you can easily get a rear view of your car
- Wear your seat belt for your protection and safety.
- Get yourself educated with the brake system, acceleration, hand brake, etc
- Understand the gear lever, gear shifter or simply the stick
- Make sure you understand the control panel of car visually and what every symbol indicate in itself
- Use blinkers (indicators) before you turn right or left
- Get your learners to permit
- Enroll in licensed and state-approved driving school
Start learning to drive a car with observing your surroundings
Once you understand the basics of the car how it works and how you need to use them. You need to be pretty observant of your surrounding environment while learning to drive a car. I am sure this jargon will come more frequently from your car driving instructor ‘ABC’, which is nothing but Accelerator, Brake and Clutch. Obviously learning a car is not rocket science, it’s just multitasking of your hand, eye, legs co-ordination. When you take your first drive with your instructor, just be calm and composed, follow the instructions given by the instructor. When you will be observing the surroundings, you need to keep in mind when you have to stop, look at the signals and signs, besides cars signals, ambulance, look any automobile moving left or right, etc
Learn driving techniques while you are learning to drive a car
- When you are in your learning phase or believe in the safe driving concept, you must be driving defensively. Speed is like a knife, you should know how to use it wisely as your hand might get a cut through a knife. According to many car driving schools, it’s recommended to drive your car up to 50 km/hr.
- You need to stay in the right lane where you can drive your car safely and if you want to switch the lane, you need to give a signal which side you will be shifting your car
- Whenever it’s possible you need to take over other automobiles, please takeover that car through the left side as it’s basic etiquette to take another vehicle while driving a car.
- You need to learn how to park your car in parallel parking as it’s very important when you will be driving a car in the metro city or urban areas.
- Be a master of manual transmission as well as auto transmission as you don’t know what future situation may bring upon you. It’s always better to prepare and learn the skills by referring to future situations.
- Hold both hands on the steering wheel at the “9 and 3 o’clock” position. This is the best position to hold a steering wheel for any person no wonder if you are a beginner or a pro. Please avoid holding the steering wheel with only one hand
- When you parked your car and you need to reverse your car, you need to learn how to do it. Put your car in reverse gear looking over your shoulder and gently remove your foot from the brake pedal. Do not put your foot on the accelerator accidentally. Turn your steering wheel to reverse direction when pulling your car reverse and use your brake whenever it’s necessary.
- Always start your car with the foot on the brake. This is basic we know but it’s very important to know as when you turn on the engine, the car automatically moves forward and there might be a situation where there is a car parked right in front of yours. So taking precautions by putting your foot on the brake will save your day.
Practise is the key to success
Practise, Practise, and Practise. Everyone was once a beginner so you need to put all your basics together with little focus on it and practice daily. Practise will make you a good driver and pro in this skill. Learning to drive a car usually takes 30-60 days with a daily 2 hours of practice and dedication. Definitely there is always ‘if’, you can definitely learn to drive a car before 30 days. Driving a car is all about multitasking and you will get used to it by daily practice. We have a fantastic brain ability to record all this and get you to learn anything which you desire. I hope we have covered pretty much everything in this article and I am sure it will help you to learn how to drive a car in the best possible way.