This problem is faced by many of us. We receive pdf with the password-protected format and, we do not know how to remove it before sending it to anyone. For example, If we need to send our pdf bank statement to our employers or the loan officer. We need to remove the password and send the pdf file. There are two methods you can use to remove the password for the pdfs easily. The first method is to open the pdf file in chrome extension and, the second original method is by using Adobe Acrobat Pro application.
Trick to remove pdf password through Chrome browser
This method might be ridiculous. You need to open the password-protected pdf and choose the option print pdf. Then one dialogue box will get open before printing the pdf. Choose the option to save the pdf. This will create a duplicate copy of the pdf file and it will be saved without a password. This Chrome password removal method can be used in different operating systems like Linux, iOS, Windows, and Chrome OS.
Below are the steps showed how to save pdf without password:
- Open the password-protected pdf in chrome as shown in the below image and insert the correct password.
- Then you will be able to see the printer icon to the right side, you need to click on it.
- You will be able to see a small dialogue box with the option as Change.
- Please click on it and save the pdf, it will get saved without any password.
Official method using Adobe Acrobat Pro
This pdf viewer application is a paid version. But you will be able to get a one-week free trial with Adobe Acrobat Pro. You can utilize this free trial to remove the pdf password.
Below are the steps to remove the password by using Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- Open the password-protected pdf in Adobe Acrobat Pro and insert the password to view the pdf.
- You will be able to view the ‘lock’ icon to the left side of the application, click on it.
- Click on the ‘Permission detail’ hyperlink text then you will see a dialogue box with different options.
- Go to the Security tab and there you will get an option as a Security method, select No security from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- Then Click File > Save, your pdf will be saved at the desired location without any password.
Few things you need to make sure from your end. You should have the correct password to open the pdf, if you forget the password. You won’t be able to remove the password from the pdf through the above-mentioned methods. Also, password protected pdf should not get locked with wrong attempted passwords. We have given you both the options to choose from and, I am confident that it will help you to remove the password from the pdf. Sometimes, we get panicked if we want to send the pdf to another person and, its password protected. Now you do not worry about it all as we have got covered for this situation and you are well prepared before it arrives.